I haven't done one of these in awhile because we've been so busy since July. We were gone for the month on vacation and then when we got back I rolled onto three weeks of night shifts. Then we moved and I started a new work schedule and since then I've been working a normal M-F shift and I don't have my normal 2-3 days off a week when I would usually work on the blog/keep up with it. I'm still working a normal work schedule but everything has settled for the most part so I thought I'd do another "However-many-things post!"
- I love our new apartment so much, it's smaller than our last place which is what we wanted. Our last place had way too much room. But it's so put together and has tons of natural light, a really pretty kitchen (minus the yellow walls which I will be painting over) with LOTS of counter space and we have a front deck. Fun fact: our apartment is one of my best friend's (Mel) old apartment!
- I love group fitness classes and I go to spin (cycle) classes every week. I love sweating it out in a solid cardio sesh and having an instructor yell at me to push my limits. I've gotten back into great cardio shape in the last few months and I feel great! I even started running again, like more than once a week... The studio is also within walking distance from our apartment so I love my early morning/evening walks to the studio.
- Since the kitchen is so big and has so much counter space we're cooking a lot more. Michael has always cooked with me so cooking has always been something fun we do together no matter what. I really thing it's so sweet that I've never have to cook alone; for me, making dinners is something I really look forward to especially when we pour a drink and put on some music! (But tbh if he didn't cook with me, keep me company and make it fun I wouldn't cook period. I'm v domestic, I know.)
- We also have been having a lot of people over for dinner and to hang out since our space is great for hanging out and entertaining people! I love hanging out with Michael one-on-one but I really love that we have so many friends (and fam) that we hang out with on a regular basis. It's fun!
- I feel really bad I haven't been updating the blog that much or keeping up with my social media postings, with the exception of the hike I did with my mom and sister (which still isn't on the blog but I managed to get an instagram story up). But I will say it's kind of nice to take a break from constantly working on the blog and posting about it.
- I'm taking a break from social media for the month of October. Although I don't post a ton I still thought it'd be fun to challenge myself to a month of no social media!
- I've canceled almost all our trips for the rest of the year because Michael is starting to hear back from dental schools and getting interviews (!) we may need to travel for. So, instead of having planned trips (with a few exceptions) we're winging it all!! If you know me you know I don't do this so it's pretty exciting stuff for me.
- I got to see my sister two weekends ago and I get to see her again this weekend AND her boyfriend and I'm really excited for that. She lives in NYC so we mainly keep in touch via texts/calls and it's always such a treat to see her. I've seen my mom the past two weekends in a row, and my dad last weekend and I'll see everyone again this weekend including my brother! I'm really lucky that although we live hours apart, my brother, sister and I always stay close.
- I have said "I love" 5 times in this post... I must be in a good mood today and/or have way too much energy. I hope everyone has a great weekend!