25 Things You Didn't Know About Me
Hey everyone and happy Friday!
It just so turns out that my 25th birthday is right around the corner and since I've noticed quite a few new followers on the site in the past few weeks I thought it would be fun to "25 Things You Didn't Know About Me" (other than the obvious- I love the outdoors) to help y'all get to know me as a person a little bit better.
- I'm a corporate security analyst and I work 12 hour shifts... and every other long weekend.
- My mom and dad love the outdoors and they introduced me to the outdoors when I was only a few weeks old; they regularly hike together too.
- I currently reside in Richmond, VA... but we might (hopefully) be moving in the near future!
- I worked with my dad for a few months after graduation and it was one the best experiences ever. Everyone should get to work with their dad!
- I met my boyfriend, Michael, freshman year of college but we didn't start dating until senior year when we got set up by a mutual friend for his fraternity's date function. We went as just friends but the universe had other plans for us and here we are, four years later, still together.
- I'm the oldest of three. I have a younger sister and a younger brother. I love them and talk about them constantly like they're celebrities or something. I'm extremely proud of both of them.
- I cracked my chin open when I was 5 (or I think I was five?) and I still have a scar to this day.
- I love Greek food and Vietnamese food.
- I'm really good at saving money... and then spending most of it haha. But in all seriousness I have already started saving for retirement/later in life (and have been for a few years now).
- I played soccer my whole life up until high school (I was striker and goalie); then I switched to track in high school.
- When I first moved to Richmond, my boyfriend and I would go to one new restaurant every week for a few months and we ended up trying over 50 new places.
- I bought myself a Wrangler two years ago for my first car and I'm in love with her.
- I hate the taste of plain water unless it's fresh spring, mineral water. I have to add lemon to my everyday water and my Nalgene smells like lemon because of it.
- I have a cat named Langley my sister found in the ally behind her apartment in Philly. I'm obsessed with him.
- I'm almost a carbon copy of my mom, except she gets way tanner than I do and our noses are a little bit different. When I look at pictures of her from when she was younger I think I'm looking at myself.
- I'm a very independent person and I love doing my own thing. I also lived by myself for almost two years when I first moved to Richmond.
- (Pretend this is 16.5) I have awesome twin uncles and the best cousins in the world!
- I'm also a very happy, content and confident person and genuinely wouldn't trade my life for anyone elses. I like to think I've always been one of the happiest people I know :)
- Whenever I go to brunch I almost always order eggs benedict.
- I majored in Intelligence Analysis with a concentration in National Security. I also minored in Geographic Sciences and focused in GIS.
- Speaking of GIS... I love maps, LOVE THEM.
- I also love tracking weather. I check my radar apps at least 5 times a day and follow storms and fronts moving across the country.
- When I workout I usually lift or do cardio. I also regularly take spin classes and try to make it to hot power yoga a few times a month as well. Cardio has always been my favorite though.
- I love mozzarella sticks. I want them right now writing this and it's 8:00am.
- I operate on military time (mostly because of my job) and don't understand why it's not used by everyone, it makes so much more sense.
- Gin and tonic is my drink of choice, always.