Hello and happy, happy Saturday! We're home from our trip and goodness this trip produced some stories for the kids. I'd love to dive into the last half of our trip but it's just too much and we're about to head to Michael's folks house for a little get together. So since I'm pressed on time here's a few little things about our trip:
- We drove over 3,000 miles. To put it in perspective, from Richmond, VA to Seattle, WA is 2,870 miles. So we drove further than we would if we drove clear across the country from home!
- We visited Glacier NP, Banff NP, Yoho NP, Yellowstone NP and Grand Teton NP. In the US Glacier and Grand Teton were my favorites; in Canada Yoho NP was my favorite.
- We saw lots of wildlife including bison, elk, grizzlies, marmots, ground squirrels, chipmunks, deer, pronghorns, cut throat, hawks, eagles and other stuff but I'm drawing a blank.
- We started our trip in Butte, MT and ended it in Denver, CO.
- While on our trip we switched between backpacking, camping and staying in AirBnb's.
- We fly fished while we were in Montana and we both caught multiple cut throat trout!
- I still can't believe how much we drove and how much ground we covered! While in the car I read out loud from pamphlets, magazines, etc. and we both learned a lot just from that haha.
- While on this trip we got to test out a lot of gear and create some new content for new partners and it was a ton of fun!
- I thought I liked Michael before but then I went backpacking out west with him, hiked a lot of hard miles together, shared a tent that was 4x7 for weeks, drove over 3,000 miles with him and had a canceled flight at 1:00am. If you think you love someone do all those things and if you're alive afterwards and still smitten, you know its real, HA!
My next post is almost done and I'll probably post it tomorrow. It'll be a recap of our hike to Cracker Lake in Glacier National Park which was one of our favorite hikes while we were in Montana!
See y'all tomorrow!