So in an effort to blog a little bit more I'm adopting a series I love that Amber Fillerup does and she also got it from someone else but can't remember who. She does "12 Things" but I know I'll never be able to think about 12 things so I'm just going to do however many things I think of! Also in little posts like this I can incorporate pictures from little hikes I do during the week and other forgotten pictures. Here it goes:
- The last two weeks here have been hellishly hot; some days have been 90+ degrees already. But last week Michael and I went for a few runs and every night it was so freaking gorgeous. Like, 78 degrees with a cool breeze that smelled so fresh and springy. I’m still thinking about it even though it was last week.
- Speaking of Michael and I running, recently we've been going so much more often and we both realized running together motivates us so much more than if we're just running alone. Plus when we're warming up and jogging we always chat about our days and it makes time go by really fast.
- Also with the warm weather we’ve been grilling a ton! The apartment building we live in provides grills to use fo' free and they have a super cute patio area covered by big birch trees and there are little tables and chairs. We do BBQ chicken, squash/zuchs, grilled fish tacos, spicy grilled shrimp, grilled steak salads and veggie kabobs. We can’t get enough!
- I miss my family so much recently and I can’t wait until we’re all home in a few weeks. I love when everyone is home with their significant others. We always cook together, drink and it’s SO loud with everyone yelling over each other trying to get a word in. It’s the best.
- Oh also my little brother is officially done with his freshman year tomorrow! It literally blows me away that it's already over and how well he did as a freshman. Seriously, his grades are amazing and I'm such a proud sister!
- This past weekend I had my best friends bachelorette party and it was so much fun!
- I’ve attempted to buy myself some new clothes to replace the ratty old stuff that I’ve thrifted but 98% of the clothes that have come I’ve returned because A. I hate shopping for new clothes B. nothing seems to fit right and C. I couldn't stop thinking about how if I return them, I’d have the money back in my bank account to do other things. I tried, but I think I really just need to stick with thrifting and or hit the lottery so I can hire a personal shopper that actually has a sense of style/likes shopping.
- The days are ticking down until I host my women's backpacking trip! I''m so excited for it but also so nervous. Ah!
I hope everyone has a wonderful week! My Monday was a whirlwind, especially because I only have to work two Mondays a month so on the days I actually have to I'm just like, OMG there is a reason people hate Mondays, haha.